RMJfA- Fw: FIV positive cat

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

We don't want to take this cat to MaxFund. Anyone have any other ideas? He's totally tame.

Thanks, donna
-----Forwarded Message-----
From: Tim and Sandy (timansanday@yahoo.com)
Sent: Jun 1, 2011 10:58 AM
To: Donna Marino
Subject: FIV positive cat

Hi Donna,
During the time that I was going through all the stuff with trying to place Queso, another cat showed up at our house.  We call him Pumpkin.  He is totally tame.  I mean, so tame you wouldn't believe it.  He loves to be petted and rolls over for belly-rubs, I've picked him up, he's never once swatted at me or even acted like he might.  He's about the sweetest guy I've ever met.  He's not neutered, so I took him in this morning to get that done and then I was going to try to place him at a shelter.  I don't think he's ever been to the doctor before, or never in a carrier anyway, because he was totally freaked out and spinning in circles, but even then he still didn't lash out at me.  He's got an adorable face and he's orange and white - really just super-cute. 

I just got the call that he is FIV positive.  I am heartbroken.  I've become attached to him already and I was sure that he was going to be able to get a home quickly with his adorable face and perfect demeanor, but now everything's different.  The doctor at Cat Care Society has given me a few hours to decide what to do with him - euthanasia or placement in a place that will take him.  Do you know of anyplace that will accept FIV cats - and on short notice too?  The doctor told me MaxFund does, and I will call them again in a few minutes when they open (at 11:00), and Angels with Paws says they sometimes do, but it is up to Mark the intake director and I have to wait until noon to talk to him.  If either or both of those places turns him down, do you know of anyplace else?  I sure appreciate it if you have a minute to let me know.  I'm sorry to be bothering you again, but you are a wealth of knowledge and I don't have much time to research. 

Thank you so much!
Sandy

0 comments:

Post a Comment