Scratchings-and-Sniffings

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Scratchings-and-Sniffings


Need The Info?

Posted: 29 Jun 2010 10:19 AM PDT

Dr.Larry-mountains I added up the number of posts I've done on Scratchings and Sniffings over the last three and a half years and it comes to a little over five hundred. That's a fair amount of information archived right here on these pages. That's not even counting the posts by Yvonne and Tom, either.  

Some of that information might also be useful and I want to make sure that any interested pet lovers know how to dig it up.

Some blogs list all the posts by title somewhere on the blog and that's what I asked Tom and Yvonne to do, at one point. They thought that would be a bit cumbersome and suggested a search function instead. After initially balking at that idea, I've come to appreciate it. With some posts you can't tell the content by the title, anyway.
 
You'll notice the search window on the top left column of the home page. All you have to do is type in some key words and you'll get a list of posts on that subject matter. For instance, if you type in "training," you'll get several pages of posts on that topic. You may have noticed that training is one of my favorite subjects.
 
Type in the word "puppies" or "kittens" and you'll get a bunch of useful information on getting little ones off to a good start.A-lifetime-of-care
 
We've covered hundreds of diseases, too. Just type in the name and in most cases you'll get a post on that subject. Type in arthritis or obesity or even feline odontoclastic resorptive lesions (FORL for short) and you'll get several posts.
 
I like to write about socialization, too. Type that in and you'll get posts on getting puppies off to a good start on the behavior front. If you are cat lover, I've done several posts on the subject of feline environmental enrichment. I find that stuff really interesting and if you have an indoor cat it's a topic you don't want to miss.
Miles-Dr.Larry-chatting-it-up
Then there's Miles, of course. He's my real life example of the fun and foibles of dog love. Type in "Miles" and you'll get several pages of bragging interspersed with useful information and some attempts at  humor.
 
I'm way into wildlife, too. I've written lots about wild cats and wild dogs. I love Jaguars and Wolves and there's lots of stuff about these wild cousins of our dogs and cats. There's even a post on the Coati Mundi.
 
So, please use that search function and don't let all those old posts go to waste. Can you type macracanthorhychus hirudinaceus? 

0 comments:

Post a Comment