Scratchings-and-Sniffings

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Scratchings-and-Sniffings


The Grumpy Old Lady Sings Opera

Posted: 31 May 2010 01:18 PM PDT

Ah, if only Mom had video and audio of this...

Last night while Tom and Mom were watching that noisey box upstairs, I was sitting patiently at theLovely-kitty bottom step giving a little, "Meow...merrow....MEROWWWW..."

I was finally done licking my chops after dinner and I wanted a little loving. I just didn't much feel like climbing all those stairs. Just as I wound up to my best, "Why isn't anyone rushing to take care of me?" wail... "MERRROOOWWWWWWW!!!!!!" an opera singer came on the noise-box...and drowned me out!

There was loud laughter upstairs so I up the volume and wailed with all my heart...and they laughed louder...and I wailed high and loud one more time... until Tom only came to the top of the stairs. "Are you taking singing lessons?" he asked me.

Honestly, what's the world coming to when our very own hoomans  think the noise-box has better singing than we can give them? (the opera singer was off-key, too...trust me, in a head-to-head, she would never be able to match my vocals!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment