Scratchings-and-Sniffings

Monday, June 1, 2009

Scratchings-and-Sniffings
Add to Google


Extra! Extra! Incredible Dog Challenge Comes to S&S

Posted: 01 Jun 2009 12:46 PM PDT

Incredible-dog-challenge-purinaI am soooooOOOooooo excited I can hardly contain myself. After begging (yes, really begging...because that's how much I wanted this) for more information and videos on The Incredible Dog Challenge® from Purina, I am now being given access to it. W00t!!!

Over the weekend, I received a number of original videos of The Incredible Dog Challenge, something Purina is known for and something I dearly love. When you see your dog having fun with a frisbee or chasing a ball or running around with his best buds (you do have more than one dog, right?), you see the possibilities of the Incredible Dog Challenge.

When I see these videos - and yes, I'll be sharing as soon as we get them into a proper format for the blog - I think of what I might have done with my Carmie. I think of my daughter's dog, Twiggy, and how this just might be perfect for Twiggy. Twiggy is a Greyhound and she's only a year old. Imagine how great she'd be at all of the events!

As the Press Release says, "This premiere canine sporting event features dogs compteting in a variety of 'Olympic style' events including dog diving (have you seen those on David Letterman? We have...just fantastic!), freestyle flying disc, head-to-head weave poles, and Jack Russell hurdle racing and agility."Twiggy-too-big

Now, I'm also a big fan of horse racing - especially the Kentucky Deby and the Preakness and the Belmont Stakes, but I've recently begun to wonder about how those horses are treated. And, I wonder if they really "enjoy" racing.

There is no such worry about these incredible dogs! You can see they are having the time of their lives! Wow!

Leaping-incredible-dog This is the 12th year of the Purina Incredible Dog Challenge and as a national sensation, it attracts the best canine athletes from all over the country. Naturally, pet parents play a key role - which is also very, very obvious. Interestingly, this year, the competition is making its FIRST appearance at the San Diego County Fair. It is also adding an exciting new event: "Surf Dog."

You will hear, and see, more about The Incredible Dog Challenge, on this blog. Y'all come back now, ya hear?

0 comments:

Post a Comment