Scratchings-and-Sniffings

Friday, May 29, 2009

Scratchings-and-Sniffings
Add to Google


Puppy Poems: Of Malemutes and Heaven

Posted: 29 May 2009 02:00 AM PDT

It's been said that most pet people don't want to go to a Heaven without dogs, or cats. I'm one of them. I happened to find this great poem in an old, treasured book of mine, that tells it like it is.

A Malemute Dog

You can't tell me God would have Heaven
So a man couldn't mix with his friends --
That we are doomed to meet disappointmentPuppy-needs-a-walk
When we come to the place the trail ends.

That would be a low-grade sort of Heaven,
And I'd never regret a damned sin
If I rush up to the gates white and pearly
And they don't let my malemute in.

For I know it would never be homelike,
No matter how golden the strand,
If I lose out that pal-loving feeling
Of a malemute's nose on my hand.

Pat O'Cotter (yes, I know the pic isn't a malemute - which is s'posed to be 'malamute', but it just looks so precious - how could anyone want to go to Heaven, if they couldn't take their dog - or cat?)

0 comments:

Post a Comment